August 17, 2026

Capitalizations Index – B ∞/21M

Cryptopia Says 9.4% of All Funds Stolen But Aims to Reopen Next Week

Cryptopia says 9. 4% of all funds stolen but aims to reopen next week

Cryptopia Says 9.4% of All Funds Stolen But Aims to Reopen Next Week

Hacked New Zealand cryptocurrency exchange Cryptopia revealed that it’s aiming to re-launch its website by Monday though only in a read-only mode. 


Read-Only Cryptopia by Monday

According to a recent update posted on Cryptopia’s official Twitter page, the exchange hopes to be able to re-open its website by Monday. However, it will only be in read-only mode, meaning users will only be able to check their balances for now.

Bitcoinist reported in January that the New Zealand exchange went through a security breach. Local Government agencies, including the High Tech Crime Unit and the NZ Police joined the investigation.

The most recent police report said that the investigation is “progressing well and advancing on several fronts.”

The stolen cryptocurrency is being actively tracked by the local police and cybercrime experts worldwide. However, the report also notes that it is too early for the authorities to “draw any conclusions.”

9.4 Percent of Total Holdings Gone in The “Worst Case”

The cryptocurrency exchange also clarified on February 26th that, according to their calculation, the hackers have managed to steal as much as 9.4 percent of the exchange’s total holdings.

Cryptopia says 9. 4% of all funds stolen but aims to reopen next week

Earlier this month, a report by blockchain data company Elementus showed that $3.2 million worth of cryptocurrencies stolen during the attack on the exchange has already been liquidated.

Additionally, the team of Cryptopia said that a lot of work is being done in order to ensure that each of the new wallets is secured individually.

Because of the new wallets, users are warned to immediately refrain from depositing funds into the old addresses of the cryptocurrency exchange.

What do you think about the situation with New Zealand’s Cryptopia? Don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments below!


Images courtesy of Shutterstock

Published at Thu, 28 Feb 2019 13:00:10 +0000

Previous Article

CRYPTOCURRENCY LIVE | 24/7 BITCOIN STREAMING –

Next Article

Online Lending Platform SoFi Teams up with Coinbase

You might be interested in …

Bitcoin-keychain-pile-photo_0426

bitcoin-keychain-pile-photo_0426

bitcoin-keychain-pile-photo_0426By btckeychain on 2013-07-08 11:54:24[wpr5_ebay kw=”bitcoin” num=”1″ ebcat=”” cid=”5338043562″ lang=”en-US” country=”0″ sort=”bestmatch”]

Pepe Escobar On Trump’s New Normal “Piece Of Cake” Foreign Policy

zerohedge.com / by Pepe Escobar, originally posted op-ed via SputnikNews.com / Apr 14, 2017 8:00 PM

Here’s the Commander-in-chief of the Beautiful Piece of Chocolate Cake School of Foreign Policy, expanding on his next move regarding North Korea.

“We are sending an armada. Very powerful. We have submarines. Very powerful. Far more powerful than the aircraft carrier. That I can tell you.”

As if bombing nuclear-armed North Korea would be as much of a piece of cake as Tomahawking a semi-deserted air base in Syria. But then, that’s the beauty of a box of chocolates foreign policy; you never know what you’re gonna get.

NATO was “obsolete.” Then it was “no longer obsolete.” China was a currency manipulator. Then it was no longer a currency manipulator. There would be no more adventures in the Middle East. Then it’s back to pulling a Hillary and bombing Syria. Russia was supposed to be a partner – basically in oil and gas deals, while a Kissingerian Divide and Rule remix would try to unravel the Russia-China strategic partnership. Then Russia is bad because supporting “animal” (sic) Assad.

READ MORE

The post Pepe Escobar On Trump’s New Normal “Piece Of Cake” Foreign Policy appeared first on Silver For The People.