February 17, 2026

Capitalizations Index – B ∞/21M

Binance Refutes Accusations Of Hack With The Power Of Blockchain

Binance refutes accusations of hack with the power of blockchain

Binance Refutes Accusations Of Hack With The Power Of Blockchain

Binance, one of the largest crypto exchanges by trading volume according to CoinMarketCap, has had to continuously refute accusations of a hack since their exchange has unexpectedly  gone offline due to server issues.

The time offline was supposed to only last for several hours, but, similarly to the extended Kraken downtime of over two days in January, Binance has since announced that they will only be back online on Feb. 9 at 4am (UTC) (11:00pm EST).

While Kraken was chastised by its users for its relative silence and only sporadic update during its 48 hours of no service, both the Binance exchange and its CEO Changpeng Zhao have been updating their Twitters about every two hours with progress reports and assurances that they have not been hacked:

However, some on Twitter have repeatedly accused Binance of covering up a hack, most notably crypto persona John McAfee, who tweeted that while he wasn’t “trying to spread FUD,” he’d been receiving multiple reports alleging that Binance was really hacked

In response, Binance tweeted that “Blockchain thankfully provides a public ledger that can disprove any FUD” and provided their Ethereum wallet and Bitcoin wallet addresses to prove that all money is there.

Zhao also responded to McAfee by saying that he would, “prove him wrong”:

At press time, both the bitcoin and Ethereum storages provided by Binance show positive balances of $263 mln and $151 mln worth of coins respectively.

Bitcoin


Ethereum

Published at Thu, 08 Feb 2018 21:46:02 +0000

Blockchain[wpr5_ebay kw=”bitcoin” num=”1″ ebcat=”” cid=”5338043562″ lang=”en-US” country=”0″ sort=”bestmatch”]

Previous Article

Dark Web Users Ditch Bitcoin for Litecoin Due to Costly, Slow Transactions

Next Article

Did Dow Jones’ Plunge Cause Bitcoin’s Drop – Or Vice Versa?

You might be interested in …

NSA’s Payload for the ‘Phuctorable’ MikroTik Routers Found

Qntra NSA’s Payload for the ‘Phuctorable’ MikroTik Routers Found Kaspersky Inc has published an analysis (archived) of a MS Windows rootkit, therein nicknamed "Slingshot". The item exhibits the traditional smell of USG-authored shitware, e.g. validly-signed […]

Is The United States About To Bomb North Korea? The White House Says ‘The Clock Has Now Run Out’

theeconomiccollapseblog.com / By Michael Snyder on April 4th, 2017

I got chills when I saw a CNN report that said that a White House official has just warned that “the clock has now run out” on North Korea’s nuclear program and that “all options are on the table”.  That second phrase has been repeatedly used by members of the Trump administration in recent days, and everyone knows what it means.  When I wrote that a conflict with North Korea could be “Trump’s first war” last month, I was still hoping that cooler heads would prevail and that a military conflict could be avoided.  Unfortunately, it appears that a peaceful solution is not in the cards, and that means that the United States may soon start bombing North Korea.  And of course if that happens the North Koreans will strike back with whatever they can, and that includes nuclear weapons.

I don’t know if I have the words to effectively communicate how serious this situation could become.  We have gotten to the point where the White House is openly talking of going to war with a nuclear power

READ MORE

The post Is The United States About To Bomb North Korea? The White House Says ‘The Clock Has Now Run Out’ appeared first on Silver For The People.